Thursday, March 3, 2011

Parma 8200

Restaurant Week in the Mini-apple is just the best. Being able to go to some of the best restaurants in the twin cities, at a very modest price, for either lunch or dinner, is terrif.

I decided to go to Parma 8200 for dinner and to try the $30.00 menu. When the decision presented itself between the $30.00 menu and the actual dinner menu, the decision was easy, the dinner menu.

I started with the calamari, not bad but not the best. I followed this with the chicken parmigiana which was perfect, but the topper of the evening was the dessert. Let me tell you,the butterscotch panna cotta is to die for. The flavor is beyond anything that I have ever tasted before…it is a most have.

The only downside, and this is my pet peeve…the bartender did not know how to make a Lemon Drop. This was pointed out to the waitress but I just got a shrug of the shoulders. I would not let this dissuade me from going back.

The Bloomington suburbs are very lucky to have a restaurant of this caliber. The prices are downtown prices but if you are willing to share, it does lower the bill.

I would put this eatery in my top 10 to visit again.

This is probably the shortest description of a restaurant that I have ever written. Can’t say that I’m at a lose for words but Parma speaks for itself.

Stay tuned I have the feeling there is another review coming very soon.

TTFN…and try to take advantage of the last days of restaurant week.

1 comment:

  1. After reading most of your restaurant reviews, I come up with conclusions:
    1. You dare to rate a place by ordering one of the cheapest foods they offer such as burger or sandwich (when it's a STEAKHOUSE.)
    2. You sound like a very high maintainance one when you dine out, but you are cheap. You expect a fancy experience but you don't want to pay for it. You only go to a place because there's a coupon or deal. That's the reason of why you didn't get to enjoy the best of one restaurant.
    3. (This might be a bit personal.) You definitely sound like one of those cougars hanging out at BLVD Kitchen for cheap happy hours.

    My suggestion to you is, when you go to Manny's, order their steak for God's sakes, not the sandwich! Then that's how you manage to drop an objective review.

    Until then, I won't suggest anyone reading your bias reviews. Tatah..

    ReplyDelete