Friday, August 27, 2010

Burger Jones Yes Once Again

What else would one do on a beautiful summer's eve but enjoy a burger and a beverage, preferable an Appletini, on the patio of Burger Jones.

My advise to Burger Jones Do Not Do Specials that sound like another famous burger.

I have been to this restaurant several times and never once have I had a bad experience, until last night. This will teach me not to jump at the specials that sounds so good.

I know your just waiting to find out what it is...well wait no longer. The Special was the Burger Jones version of the Juicy Lucy, but not really. The description was..burger filled with mozzarella cheese (which has no taste) covered with pesto (I think) on ciabatta garlic bread...sounds good. My first taste was...Oh.. too salty, then the burger would not stay on the bread and then there was too much garlic...and then a mess.

This was not a good idea! BJ has great burgers which they do not need to improve on.

There is an old adage "If it is not broken do not try to reinvent the burger"

I know this will not stop me from going back again but it will be the tried and true shroom burger.

One last mention, the onion rings tasteless...if it wasn't for the dipping sauce there would be no flavor at all.

It must be getting late or I'm just cranky, which I am sure you can tell from the above.

Stay tuned, I just know there will be something good this weekend or at least one can hope!

Ta Ta

No comments:

Post a Comment