Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sea Salt

For the second week of Birthday celebration I had the opportunity to go to Sea Salt located in Minnehaha park right near the falls.

I have been trying to go to this restaurant for about 2 years, either the line was too long or it was closed (only open during the summer). I had no idea what to expect as far as food, I knew it was going to be seafood but that was it. I think the first visit can be a little undaunting,everything is on a black board but it does take awhile to go thru.

The choices were made and the po'boy was the selection of the day. I tried the catfish and PHM had the same with some sort of fried fish. PHM also added an order of calamari which was good but I think the breading could be lighter. The po'boy was large with a big piece of fish on top,taste was good and very fresh. With the atmosphere being so nice any food would be good. This is such a great place for neighborhood people, bikers and walkers alike. It is the type of place that you can do with or without a friend very casual and unpretentious.

I would love to know if the menu is the same for day and or evening. I guess it will give me a reason to go back and check it out.

When you visit, do not miss the opportunity to visit the falls they are only footsteps away. It is a very tranquil atmosphere within a big city...almost like Central Park is good old N.Y.C.

bye bye till the next morsel passes my lips

No comments:

Post a Comment