Monday, September 6, 2010

Rojo Another New Restaurant in the West End

Yes another visit to the West End...What can I say, when a new restaurant opens I want to be there first. Not only to be the first but when I can do it for lunch that makes me a happy camper.

Rojo is open just about a week and from the sounds of it they are still fine tuning the menu. The service was good, friendly and attentive but not to the point of hovering. There was no problem or attitude when we asked many questions about the menu, especially a rundown of the different Margaritas.

So, let me start by saying the Rojo Margarita was delish! My next visit I would like to try the Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita sounds just yummy. While sipping on our Margarita's we were served warm chips and salsa. For the main course PHM chose the Black Chile which consisted of cubed pork with a Pasilla sauce. I order the shredded chicken Chimichanga. Both dishes were served with rice, but not just any rice the flavor was simply sweet and tasteful. I will admit I am not much of a fan for Mexican food but the flavors were so delightful I wanted to lick the plate.

I very rarely ever go back to the same restaurant twice but I might make the exception for Rojo.

Rojo is located at
1602 West End Boulevard
St. Louis Park, Minnesota

When one is at the West End a visit to Love Culture is a must. The prices are unbelievable. My favorite is the costume jewelry...granted it will only last for a season but with these prices...who cares. Love Culture is located on the next block from Rojo...a definite must.

I would like to see more stores open in this area or else it is going to become an up scale food court.

The day does not stop there. A drive through the back roads to Excelsior and then a stop in Wayzata is a definite must. While in Wayzata stop at Sunsets for a beer or glass of wine to talk over the events of the day or solve world affairs. No matter what you talk about it is a wonderful way to end a fun filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment