Sunday, January 31, 2010

My weekend while being poor

Can you believe that the P word(poor) has entered my vocabulary...let me explain by saying my car is sick and it had to be healed which is another story all on to itself. So what does one do when your poor well let me tell you.

Saturday morning... as everybody does you would clean and so clean I did, as quickly as possible. Now on to some fun stuff. Went to one of the best movies I've seen in along time...Crazy Heart, I am not one for country western but the music would certainly make your toes tap. I would recommend this movie to everybody unless of course the use of the "F" word offends then don't go.

What does one do on Sunday keeping in mind the P word still exits. Well into my bag of coupons and find one for Santorini buy one get one free, what a bargain. Let me put it this way sometimes a bargain just isn't a bargain let me explain.

I don't usually go back to the same restaurant twice, but in this case I made an exception. I'm not sure about you but when I go for brunch I like to see breakfast food, yes salads are OK and all that other stuff.. but where is the breakfast stuff. I was so surprised not to find an egg product i.e. there was no scrambled eggs. OK I will say that they had eggs Benedict but it was veggie..yuck, and an omelet bar still did not do it for me.

Let me wrap this up by saying the only think that was good was the coffee, that is pretty sad. The restaurant itself is very pretty but the brunch menu needs to be improved.

OK that is what a poor person does living in the frozen tundra.

No comments:

Post a Comment