Saturday, March 6, 2010

Restauant Week Part1 D'Amico Kitchen

Can I tell you how much I look forward to restaurant week in the Mini-apple..it just makes me giddy with anticipation.

My first pick was the D'Amico Kitchen, wanted to go since it opened so this was my golden opportunity. Reservations at 6 and all is well.

The decor is pretty the seating is perfect,the menu looks good... what could possibly go wrong?

I ordered a cauliflower soup, just wanted to be a little different ( this is the person that does not eat veggies)...not bad maybe I would go so far as to say flavorful.

The next course sounded really good...short rib on a bed of polenta. Let me take this opportunity to paint a visual for you...the plate arrives I take a look and to me it looked like a piece of meat on a bed of solidified fat (Yuck). I get over the visual and started to dig in (can it get any worse..YES) the meat was luke warm. i called one of the wait staff over and it was immediately wisked away to the kitchen,and a warmer dish brought out. To me short ribs should only be done with mashed potatos it is just something you donot try to improve on.

My foodie in crime ordered a beet salad, tasteless..can you imagine beets being tasteless. The next course was a pasta dish with chick peas and olives. He is still telling me that chick peas should not be added to a pasta dish, they donot bring any added flavor to the dish, and the olives were so salty he was up all night drinking. His comments on the whole episode were almost as bad as mine if you can imagine that.

I will say that the dessert was good...3 little scoops of gelato most tasty.

My biggest complaint is,this is restaurant week, a week where restaurants should put their best food forward. I understand that the price is good but not if the food is not good.

Before I close I will say that the wait staff at D'Amico Kitchen are the best I have seen in Minneapolis to date. They actual care what you think and will listen when you have a complaint and are more then willing to make it right.

After this little adventure I was not sure that i would make the next stop on my list..stay tuned for my next adventure into Restaurant Week

No comments:

Post a Comment