Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bar La Grassa

My next adventure takes me to the flavor of the month Bar LaGrassa...

The menu covers all the basics of a high end Italian restaurant. I would suggest that before going, take a tour of the menu online...you can see and read what each dish is all about. One of the best advantages of this eatery is you can order half portions of any pasta, and if you are still hungry go back for another half.

Let me start with my appetizer, RICOTTA PIZZETTE. The taste was so delicate but so delish.

The main course PENNE with SHRIMP and VIN SANTO, again very light with a burst of flavor.

My very favorite course, the dessert, 2 crepes filed with I believe a Carmel sauce and topped with a small scoop of ice cream...just heavenly.

My co-eater on my adventure, had the SOFT EGGS and LOBSTER and RIGATONCINI with MILK BRAISED CHICKEN, only had high praise for each dish.

The one downfall, I ordered a Lemon Drop...not so good..way to sour.

The atmosphere is comfortable and noise level low, wait staff patient and are more then willing to share there faves on the menu.

The neighborhood can certainly benefit from a restaurant of this caliber. I am sure it will survive as a local reliable neighborhood place to go for good food.

I personally cannot wait to see what the next flavor of the month is going to be, whatever it be you will read about it hear.

Oh, so many places so little time...where next!

Pegsdish

P.S. one last comment...I did not like the table that we were shown too (i am a little picky). I asked the waiter if it would be possible to change, within a few seconds we were shown to another table that was just perfect...kudos..

No comments:

Post a Comment