Saturday, April 30, 2011

Brits Pub .....The Royal Wedding

It’s the day of the Royal Wedding, so that must mean celebration. Ok where does one go to not only watch, but also partake in the British celebration? The answer has to be Brits pub.

Up in the morning at 2 to be at Brits around 4, myself and my friend want to beat the crowds and also get a good seat. We arrive about 4:10, the crowd has gathered, we get inside the front door, scramble for seating, and now wait. The buffet starts at 4:30, I cannot imagine eating breakfast at 4:30 but the smells are so tantalizing I am sure a morsel or two will pass my lips.

Finally the line begins and the masses are ready. Kudos to Brits for covering everything that makes up a British breakfast, including scrambled eggs, Irish bacon, bangers (sausage), beans and tomato sauce and finally the blood pudding. Since I was first on line, everything looked delish and so nice and hot.

I love to people watch and believe me when I say; it was the best place to do just that. Some people wore wedding gowns, some wore their pajamas, and I cannot describe the rest. The added attraction was watching all the different types of hats that were worn; everything from the most outlandish to the very best is show. Needless to say watching the wedding was the major priority, the rest was a plus.

Well the wedding is over, the celebration at Brits is winding down, but what does one do at 7 in the morning. After such a great breakfast a walk is definitely in order, and downtown is just the place to do it. The skyways are the ideal place to not only walk, but a little window shopping can be done and also keeping in the tradition of people watching.
I think it is time to rest and where better to do so but the movies. My day has officially ended.

Tata

No comments:

Post a Comment