Sunday, April 17, 2011

Urban Eatery

I am wanting lunch on a Sunday afternoon…not brunch but straight up lunch. You know salads, burgers and sandwiches. The place of the day is Urban Eatery, a new restaurant from the Crave Group. Do you go with great expectations or just go and see what happens?

I guess I did have some sort of expectation knowing how good Crave and Sopranos are. I really was not asking for much. Myself and fellow foodie were only looking for a good salad or a burger…not a big request. I decided to have the Chef salad and PHM decided on the grilled salmon Caesar. I will admit my salad was excellent more than I can say for the Caesar. The only thing making it a Caesar was the croutons and bottled Caesar dressing…other than that it was mixed greens with salmon.

I ordered a Bloody Mary and was given the choice to make it myself or have the bartender make it…being the Princess that I am; I had the bartender make it. I did ask the waitress if there was any difference i.e. mixture or price…the answer came back NO. When the bill arrived there was a difference, but when it was brought to the attention of the waitress, it was immediately corrected.

There is something missing in this restaurant. I am not sure if the owners just left it and went on to open Sopranos, but it neither has the piazzaz of Crave or the panache of Sopranos.

I do wish them well but they still have some work to do. I hope it will get better by summer since the location is ideal for an outdoor happy hour.

TaTa...I am on to my next adventure!

The Urban Eatery
2730 West Lake St.
Minneapolis, MN 55416
Phone: 612-920-5000

No comments:

Post a Comment