Monday, April 18, 2011

Crossroads Deli

Have you ever had a yen for a corned beef or pastrami sandwich, just like the ones they make in Katz’s deli, on the lower eastside of New York? Well I went in search of just that type of sandwich only to find that the Mini-apple is not home to the proverbial Jewish deli.

I did find a place that is very close to what I was looking for and that is Crossroads delicatessen. I tried their corned beef sandwich, which was piled high and succulently delish. Oi vey, it was more than any one person could eat so home it went to be inhaled later in the evening. My friend ordered the matzo ball soup, which again more than enough for any one person. Before I forget the pickles were so good they almost brought a tear to my eye.

Anybody that is a transplantee from New York or has ever visited knows what a good corned beef sandwich is. I will go out on a limb and say that Crossroads is as close as you are going to get to a New York style deli...

I am so farmisht right now I must say TaTa

Crossroads deli
2795 Hedberg Drive
Minnetonka, MN
952-546-6595

No comments:

Post a Comment