Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sopranos Italian Kitchen

I don’t usually go back to a restaurant over and over, but in the case of Sopranos the exception has been made. I myself have been there for happy hour mostly but my friends wanted to do a sampling. So in addition to the happy hour food we tried a main course plus a dessert. For the happy hour it was the meatball sliders, Italian cheese curds, piadina(their version of flatbread)and calamari.

We all shared the Lobster Gnocchi which was absolutely fantastic. From the expression on the faces of the people that tried it, it was unanimous…Terrif. I ordered a dessert, which is not on the web menu but let me describe it for you. It was small pieces of light cake made with Lemoncello, about 5 pieces to a plate. Each of the little pieces was on a bed of lemon custard and each piece separated by a shaving of white chocolate. Ok, let me define the taste a little bit more…it was an orgasmic explosion of flavor. I would go back just for the dessert.

What can I say, as much as I would like to find something wrong or make a snide remark, I just can’t. The more I go to Sopranos the better I like it. This could become one of my favorite restaurants!

The topper of the evening was going to see Scream 4…let me just say there is no amount of alcohol that could erase it from my memory, and believe me I have tried. Go to the restaurant but miss the movie catch it on Netflix’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment