Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mozza Mia

This is very lazy Sunday afternoon, going from the coach to the refrig and back again. In the back of my mind I'm still thinking of the pizza that I had this week at Mozza Mia. How to describe except to say simply d’lish or yum or fantastic, pick any adjective and it will describe.

I have wanted to visit this new establishment to the 50th and France area since it opened, but with the weather and me being in a budget frame of mind, it took a little time. Let me tell you it was worth the wait.

The menu is very precise with about 4 or 5 items to choose from in each course. When it came to the choice of pizza that was the hard part, since there was a topping on each one that sounded so good. There are about 10 pizzas to choose from. I was with a friend so this was a duel choice but after a couple of minutes and a glass of wine the choice was made, Fig and Prosciutto. It does not sound like something that I would order but I am glad I did. Just let me say that every bite was an orgasmic burst of flavor. The pizza was preceded by the Caprese salad, both of these items are big enough to share. I forgot that they have a full bar, so I tested the wine, not really that exciting.

I am not sure that there is much more to say except, I will be back. I can’t wait to try one of the other pizzas or maybe a pasta dish, I know there will be something to excite my taste buds.

Let me add that since the portions are big enough to share, and the prices not ginormous it makes this neighborhood restaurant a must do. Good idea to make reservations it does get crowded as the night wares on.

Location: 952-288-2882
3910 West 50th street
Edina, MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment