Friday, February 25, 2011

Hell's Kitchen

Let me start by saying that this might be my true confession or at least the beginning of one. I know that everybody dreams of the day when you no longer have to be up in the morning, and you just have all the time in the world to do nothing…well let me be the first to tell you it is not what it is cracked up to be. It does take time to take on the challenge of a new life…more about my new life in postings to come.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to get together with a former co-worker and go to a place that I have wanted to go for breakfast for a long time, and since I have all the time in the world, it was perfect.

The place I am talking about is Hell’s Kitchen. When I worked downtown it was always on the radar for Happy Hours. I was a bit skittish about a place that I had to go downstairs, but that did not bother me yesterday.

The breakfast menu is at least 3 pages with everything looking quite d’lish. The servers do emphasize that everything on the table from the peanut butter to the ketchup are all home made. I tried the eggs benedict and my friend had the veggie frittata. I’m not sure if I was glad that somebody else was cooking or that it was so damn good that I just wanted to lick my plate. The next time I would like to try the Caramel-pecan roll or the bread pudding with black currents and crème anglaise or maybe even the lemon ricotta hotcake..is your mouth watering yet?

The food sounds good and the prices are not bad…I would say that it is worth a trip and check out the menu for yourself.

Tata for now!

Hell’s Kitchen
80 9th St S
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402
(612) 332-4700

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a lot of coffee and a little veggie to make your day sweet. The coffee IS strong, norskie's beware this is NOT church coffee. The company was fabulous, I totally recommend the lemon ricotta pancakes and the mahmonim porrige, sounds weird but lovely.
    If Peg ever invites you to breakfat, GO! Lovely conversationalist and companion. TCP, totally cool person.

    ReplyDelete