Saturday, February 26, 2011

Forum

Let me start by saying, never have great expectations about anything.

Decided to go big time last night and have dinner at Forum, a place I wanted to go to for awhile but knew I could not afford, but alas thru the good fortune of Open Table specials, it happened.

On entering the place it took me back to the Art Deco period expecting to see maybe Bogart or Bacall at the piano bar. My reverie ended there.

Our waiter was nice but did not volunteer any additional info about specials that the restaurant might be offering. On to the food…the menu is concise and to the point. I went to Forum knowing that I was ordering the Mac-n-Cheese with Lobster and maybe a salad. The wedge salad was very tasty but the Mac was very disappointing. Mac-n-Cheese does not need Truffle oil, it is a dish that stands on its own and gets even better when lobster is added. My partner in food PHM, had the Red Snapper and potato puree, and thought it to be good. Whoever was in the kitchen last night had a heavy hand with salt, it stood out on every dish including the bread.

I have a few suggestions lay off on the salt, add another fish dish to the menu and change the music venue, try something that would go along with the Art Deco interior.

It pains me to say, been there done that will not do it again. Very disappointing!

Until my next food adventure...tata for now!

Forum
40 S. 7th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402

No comments:

Post a Comment