Friday, November 5, 2010

The Bloomington ChopHouse

Last Saturday I along with PHM took advantage of a Groupon Deal for the Bloomington ChopHouse. Not sure if expectations were high or just did not know what to expect, but when you can have $60.00 worth of food for $25.00 you call that a deal.

The interior is very pretty, but it is unfortunate that when you go for lunch on a Saturday you can only eat in the bar. The bartender told us that business is not as good on weekends as it is during the week, so they close the restaurant for lunch. The menu online is a bit different then what you will see when you sit down and ready to order. Again, according to the bartender they are making adjustments and updates all over.

It is unfortunate that when you go to an American restaurant, that the menus range only around burgers, salads and maybe brunch i.e eggs etc. It is sad that somebody cannot come up with something a little bit more original or add a little more of a selection. This being a steak house why not add a steak sandwich or a small fillet, I am sure the prices would not fluctuate by much. We ordered the burger, which was OK but again nothing special. I also ordered the mac and cheese that was supposed to have lobster in it but as much as I searched I could not find a piece or junk, what I did find was shreds.

There was a minor little mishap when I wanted to pay with my Groupon coupon. I printed out the wrong section so when I handed it to the bartender he told me that this is not what they usually accept. I managed to stay calm and asked to see the manager. I was sure that the bartender did not know what he was talking about. Christian Heldstab came over and showed me what they need to be able to process and it was not what I presented. Christian was so patient and much to my surprise realized that I did make the purchase and told me to email him the number. By no means did I think that I was going to leave this restaurant with our paying, but Christian handled the situation. I could blame all of this on old age but prefer to say it is a pitfall of multitasking or not paying attention.

Granted The Bloomington ChopHouse might by good for dinner but I am sure that I will never go back to find out.

Bloomington ChopHouse
Located within the Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
3900 American Blvd West
Bloomington, MN 55437
952.830.5200

No comments:

Post a Comment