Sunday, November 7, 2010

39 Steps/Sea Change

I went to see The 39 Steps, at the Guthrie on Thursday night. Since this was a movie by Alfred Hitchcock at one time, I was not sure how it would translate to a play. I can't say that I ever laughed at a Hitchcock movie but the play is a slapstick comedy performed by a cast of just four. Last word if you can get to see, do not miss.

Pre-theater (I always wanted to say that) was spent at Sea Change. Since I was there fist I seated myself at the bar to wait the arrival of PHM. I started with my favorite....Lemon Drop done to perfection. While I am waiting my mind wanders to Where are we going to eat tonight..boy was I in for a surprise. Phm arrives and it is Lemons Drops for both. It is approaching time to think about food...my question...any idea where you would like to eat...that is when the menus for Sea Change was requested. I know better then to get my hopes up but it was a step in the right direction. Decision made, we are going to stay at the bar (excitement abounds).

After perusing the menu the decision was made, I ordered the fish and chips and my fellow foodie ordered the pork sandwich. Granted the fish and chips is not the humongous plate that you might get at Brits, it was more an appetizer portion, but good. The pork sandwich was more substantial but the one request I heard...where's the sauce. With the food over still time for another little something. The bartender, named Daniel came over with many suggestions but it was decided that Daniel would come up with an original creation. Oh Yeah, delish...

I am now ready to sit for 2 hours and watch anything they decide to put on the stage.

Ta Ta for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment