Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Guthrie Level 5

This week was quit special, I had the opportunity to see The Master Butchers Singing Club. The play itself was good but might I say toooo long. Enough about the play my mind set is all about the food and fun.

There really was not to much time to pick a restaurant that would be near and not too expensive. Hey, how about Level 5 in The Guthrie, what a great idea, its a one stop shop all in one building. Every once in a while I come up with a brain storm and this is my one for the year. Hello...PHM...pitched my idea..sounds great.

Ok, so Level 5 it is. In we go first stop is the bar. One needs to unwind a bit, a cocktail, a little laughter and some conversation. I was a little disappointed to find that the bartender called in sick and his replacement was the barrister. I must say he was so nice and willing to help, I could not just walk away. I made the mistake of ordering a Lemon Drop, not bad but not good...Oh well.

In to the restaurant we go! The place is huge, kind of nice, really nondescript. The menu is small, and pedestrian. I was very surprised that there was no pasta on the menu, maybe something they should take under advisement. I tried the Ruben it was good but very greasy and loads of french fries. PHM had the salmon, small portion but heard it was good.

Just a few suggestions...the wait staff should know a little bit more about the food that is on the menu, god knows there is not a lot to know about.
A little enthusiasm when taking the order would be great.
They need to have a back up bartender just in case.
The tables need to be bigger, please remember that in most cases when 2 people sit at a table they are going to order more then one dish.

I will be going back to The Guthrie but not to Level 5 maybe Level 1 oops that is Sea Change.

That's it for now...Peggers

No comments:

Post a Comment