Monday, November 15, 2010

Rinata

Last night I went to Rinata with my fellow foodie PHM. To my surprise when I arrived PHM was sitting at the bar which is a little bit odd but I went along with the program and pulled up a chair.

The most enjoyable thing about sitting at the bar is being able to talk with the bartender and watch the making of the drinks and just various chit chat. More about this in a minute.

Rinata has a terrific deal on Sunday nights, a 4 course meal for $20.00...yes that's right only $20.00. If that is not enough there is a happy hour every day from 4:30 to 6, $3.00 drinks and appetizers.

We both tried the 4 course dinner and with the expertise of John were able to make the best selections. I started with the sausage and apples on to a caesar followed by fettuccine with clams, just a great choice. PHM had the olives, the caesar and the ziti,and I believe he is still raving about the whole meal. We both ended the meal with the chocolate ricotta cannoli, can you believe.

If you do make the visit start your meal with the Italian martini oh my it was delish.

Back to the bartender, little did we know that John is the owner of Rinata. He made sitting at the bar so enjoyable with comfortable conversation and little tidbits about other restaurants. After reading his bio I can understand the draw of neighborhood people to this place, especially on a snowy Sunday night, the place was quit crowded.

I look forward to many more visits to Rinata and enjoy each one the way I did last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment