Thursday, September 23, 2010

Il Gatto

Every once in a while it pays to go back to a place that you have been before, and last night that visit took me to Il Gatto.

I was extremely pleased to find that the Happy Hour has been extended out to the part of the restaurant by the window, instead of just to the small bar...this to me is a big plus.

The biggest surprise of all is when I found out that Tim McKee is now in the kitchen of Il Gatto. I could hardly contain myself as he walked around the restaurant many times talking with the patrons and just watching the whole scene. Yes, I am a name dropper and to this I will take bragging rights.

Oh yes lest we forget the food! My dining companion ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken. I ordered the special which was a 10" pizza with a glass of wine can you believe $10.00...such a deal.

Not a noodle was to be found on my friends plate which is always a good sign. I love pizza and had no trouble finishing. Yeah, no weight watchers yet.

Our server found out that my friend is expecting a baby...and to add to the celebration a wonderful ice cream dessert appeared at out table...what a surprise! (how did she know I just adore ice cream)

I kind of new that Il Gatto had potential and now I'm certain of the fact. Yes this will not be my last trip, I have the feeling that this will be one of my go to restaurants when I want something good, not to expensive and comfortable. This might break my rule...never the same restaurant twice, but what the hey, rules are made to be broken.

Well till next time or the next feeding frenzy...ta ta

Calhoun Square
3001 Hennepin Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55408
Tel: 612-822-1688

No comments:

Post a Comment