Monday, September 13, 2010

Pizza Luce/Hopkins

One more restaurant to visit...why...because when friends get together, what do they do, they eat or drink or both.

Went to Pizza Luce in Hopkins, which is open maybe about 2 weeks. My immediate complaint, we were seated by the hostess, she left us with menus, but that is where the service ended. After about 5 minutes sitting in a restaurant that was not very busy I had to go over to the bartender and ask if anybody was waiting on the tables in the bar? After about 2 minutes a very lovely waitress came over, and the service was good from there on.

We started with an appetizer of Artichoke Dip, all I can say is somebody went wild with the Miracle Whip...Yuck. My friend said he was there during the week and tried the olive tapenade and was disappointed with that also.

Pizza Luce is noted for there pizzas serving several varieties, all sounding quite good. We decided to have the Maximus since it had everything you could think of as a topping, everything except some seasonings. I am sorry to say this pizza was bland and that is hard to believe. To me the best pizzas are at Crave, Buco and Broders, they encompass everything a pizza should be and they do it well.

People make mention of the Happy Hour and the $3.00 wines, not to sound overly critically, that is all they were worth.

I guess you can tell by now this is not a place that I will be going back too.

Just as well the weekend ended on this note, I wanted to start a fast anyway!

Just in case Pizza Luce is located at

210 North Blake Road
Hopkins, Mn
(952) 767-0854

No comments:

Post a Comment