Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wine Tasting...A Beautiful Day

Everybody should have a day like yesterday...great weather, good company and lots of wine.

My excursion took me first to Delano which is about 45 minutes from Minneapolis, just a beautiful drive through the rolling hills, with some trees just starting to turn colors. Needless to say after 45 minutes of sitting in a car, one would like a little sustenance. Park the car walk the 3 blocks of Delano and decided on a place called Three Crows On River Street. I am not usually at a lose for words to describe a place but this one leaves me speechless. It was a throw back to old times, neighbors getting together..let me explain..the music was loud but where was it coming from? upon further investigation it looks like a group of musicians got together on a Saturday morning for a jam session. There were about 8 people with various instruments playing and singing there little hearts out.

Let's get to the important stuff THE FOOD. You had your choice of breakfast served till 2 or lunch that started at 11..everything sounded great. Both PHM and I decided on their sandwiches..his a panini with artichoke and parmesan cheese...PHM commented this is so good I am going to try it at home..guess that speaks for itself. I chose the Ruben (not having great expectations), but I must admit quite tasty with the best part being the cheddar cheese...delish. Just goes to show, you can't judge everything by first impression.

On to the Woodland Hill Winery which might be the first on the Minnesota Wine Trail. The cost to sample their wines is $5.00 for 7 tastings, in addition you could also purchase a glass of wine for $5.00. Yesterday we were lucky enough to watch the stomping of the grapes...How many people remember the old I Love Lucy segment with Lucy stomping the grapes..This was nothing like that. We did the tastings not sure I liked their wines but I did find one that would be suitable for a glass to take outside to watch people stomp the grapes in a Tupperware barrel. All in all, a beautiful day + going to a new place, what could be better, would certainly recommend this as a day trip to everybody, unless of course you don't drink wine!

Woodland Hill Winery Three Crows
731 County Road 30SE 225 River St N
Delano, MN 55328-9319 Delano, MN 55328

No comments:

Post a Comment