Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Great Week

Oh, where do I begin!!!!!!!!this was such a great week...
My week started with a concert by the Black Eyed Peas...omg I think I'm beginning my 2nd childhood or 3rd ... but who cares. The concert was terrific..yes a senior citizen loves Ludacris and the Peas, what a great combination. The Peas put on a terrific show and the last number I Gotta Feelin brought the house to their feet...how many times can I say it just a great show.

Fast forward to Friday night...being a retiree of The Target Corp has its advantages. Target opened the doors of Target Field to their employees for a sneak preview, what an experience. I'm not a dye hard baseball fan but I could see watching the N.Y. Yankees or the Mets when they come to town in May. A day at the ballpark just sounds so much fun...a hot-dog in 1 hand and a beer in the other what could be better. The concessions at the field are numerous and a good variety. The most impressive is the restaurant for the season ticket holders elegant and good selections and you look over the field what could be better.

This week I was introduced to something called Groupon where you can buy a $50.00 coupon for $25.00 for a restaurant of the day or whatever the bargain of the day might be...the best thing about this is you can use the whole coupon in one sitting. Unlike other 2 for 1 deals where you get 2 coupons $25.00 each, you can only use 1 coupon per visit not ideal. I went to Kozy's in the Galleria, I was a little bit hesitant not having used a coupon like this before, you show the coupon and your server explains the way the coupon works. We ordered 2 fillet mignon plates and 2 bloody marys + when you sit down the cinnamon cake comes to your table immediately. The total bill came to $49.32. Can we say bargain...

The food was good the fillet mignon is cooked to your request, this was not a small piece of meat and quite tasty. So if anybody is thinking of trying Groupon go ahead it is a great deal especially if you like to go out to eat or even just a happy hour..just do it.

Well it is time to close just talking about my week brings a smile to my face, everybody should have a week like this. Oh by the way to put the topping on the cake I was able to get tickets to Bon Jovi when they come in April but best yet half price.

Till my next adventure bye bye from Peg's Dish!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment