Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Aura

I have a Groupon that is ready to expire and I also need to get together with a good friend, so why not combine the two. Our destination is Aura in Calhoun Square, a place that I have passed many times and because it was so dimly lit, just kept on walking.

I arrived exactly at 4 and yes the place was empty, but that never stopped me from having a cocktail and waiting. I decided to have a Mojito (not part of the hh); price is good and the taste not bad. My friend arrived and shortly she had a glass of wine in hand and the chatter begins.

We opted for appetizers picking them from the hh menu. For starters we did the waffle fries with sour cream dressing along with the baked brie and apples. The brie and apples was a little bit deceiving…it was thin slices of apple with a minute sliver of brie…disappointing. We order another batch of drinks and decide to share the three cheese pizza. The pizza had good flavor but could have been cooked a tad longer.

By this time after a good number of drinks it is time to leave. It is about 8 and the place is standing room only. I know this is not because of Groupon, but the prices are just too good to pass up and the food is not bad.

If you are in need of a place to go for hh in uptown you might want to consider Aura.

TTFN!!!!!!!!!!!

Aura Restaurant and Bar
3001 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55408
(612) 821-0008

No comments:

Post a Comment