Thursday, May 19, 2011

Purple Sandpiper

It’s time to use another Groupon which will take me to Purple Sandpiper. I was off to a bad start when I got lost just going around the block. I would figure if an address states Lyndale Avenue that it would be on Lyndale not in a strip mall…another subject all together. With a little direction from the restaurant I did arrive.

By this time I needed a little refreshment of the alcoholic type. My waitress was very knowledgeable about the wine list and suggested a Berringer Merlot as opposed to a Minnesota wine. She had a great suggestion! My guest arrived just in time to have one of the bottled beers, for the life of me cannot remember the name. With the beverages we decided to share the usual calamari and yes the sauce was quite spicy but good.

On to the main courses…since I wanted a salad I choose the grilled salmon with mixed greens. I must be turning over a new leaf (lol) ordering a completely organic first course and thinking how delish it was. My guest ordered the roasted cauliflower mac & cheese with lots of hot sauce on the side. As far as I could tell both dishes met and or exceeded expectation.

Oh, my favorite course is about to arrive…we ordered the classic tiramisu…to share of course. It was good but I think that it could have used a bit more espresso flavor or maybe a dash of Kahlua.

By the time we were ready to leave the place had a very nice crowd even though the weather was not that good. The prices are not bad and there is plenty to choose from, it makes for a very nice neighborhood restaurant with flair.
Must go to prepare for my 6 mile walk and I know there will be a little nosh after that….can’t wait.
TTFN!!!

8405 Lyndale Ave. S.
Bloomington
952-888-1429

No comments:

Post a Comment