Monday, July 19, 2010

Parma 8200

Not sure how I got on the mailing list for D'Amico mailings, but I am glad I did.

To announce the opening of their new restaurant Parma 8200 there was a cocktail party on Saturday the 17th. Parma is located across from Kincaid's in Bloomington and also on the first level of an office building.

By the time I arrived it was standing room only but I guess that is what you would expect when everything is free.

There was a choice of 4 different cocktails but to tell you the truth after 5 or 6 Dragon Martinis I really was not ready to taste anything else. My co-workers did try the Mojito one liked the other didn't. There was a table covered with little tidbits to nosh on and also wait staff walking around with platters full of tasty little treats.

This time there was room for dessert and I am so glad there was. There was a butterscotch pudding or mousse (remember 6 cocktails), I almost licked by fingers after that. In addition little pieces of crostini with chocolate on top, certainly had a couple of those. Hope you can now understand why I stay away from desserts " I don't know when to stop".

We wanted to stay for dinner but every table was reserved. It will just give me a reason to go back to try the food and see what the restaurant is all about.

The outdoor patio should make for a good happy hour on a warm summer night.

In case I didn't mention I heard one of the oldest lines used between 2 people as I was listening to somebody else's conversation...Do I Know You From Somewhere" can you believe. I felt like I was back in Brooklyn at one of the local discos. Just goes to show somethings just do not die..

With those wise words of wisdom (please feel free to use anytime) I will bid you good night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment