Monday, July 19, 2010

Recap of Summer to Date

Hi to all the little minions...i just love that word!

Let me start by saying it has been a good summer to date, even though I had to cut down and cut corners, there is always a little bit left over for a movie or a morsel.

I will start with a restaurant that I went to a couple of weeks ago by the name of Anchor located in Northeast. It is a very small place located at 302 13th Ave. N.E.

To me it is right out of an old English or Irish pub. It is a small neighborhood place as you will experience going at about 11:30 on a Saturday morning, lunch begins at 12. You can wait till 12 so grab a coffee, sit and watch the neighborhood people role out of bed and into their favorite booth to enjoy their favorite breakfast.

OK, on to the best fish & chips (french fries) that I have tasted since my last trip to England. The portion is huge and the fish is cod in a panko breading very light but enhances the fish.

The prices are terrific will not break the bank. When you are finished take a walk threw the neighborhood or get in the car or on your bike for a trek to St. Anthony's Main. This is the perfect way to digest the best food I have has in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment