Monday, July 19, 2010

Another Summer VIsit

The July 4th weekend took me to Excelsior,I just love this little town. If I close my eyes it takes me back to small little hamlets along the Hudson in up state New York. Ok I have no time to reminisce or I will have my own little pity party.

After taking a walk up one side of the street and down the other it is time for food. I have wanted to go to Jake O'Connors for a long time and my yearning was finally satisfied. The inside is huge and looks like any other Irish pub, but that is as far as it goes.

The onion rings are to die for very light and tasty..Oh my mouth is watering. I ordered the Philly cheese hoagie did not have any great expectations but after my first bit it was Wow. I could not believe that a sandwich with so much meat would be so tender.. absolutely delish! Unfortunately I have not been leaving room for dessert not that I need it but it is always good to have something sweet to finish with.]

The wait staff more then friendly and helpful in their recommendations.

The one minor flaw was the Bloody Mary not really sure how it was made but it would not be on my agenda in a future trip. No matter there are so many other libations made with alcohol I am sure I can find something else.

This is a great place to visit during the summer with a visit to Jake's for a cocktail or a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment