Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cossetta Italian Market and Restaurant

Another gorgeous day in the Mini-Apple...what should one do?

Oh, I hear my phone ringing it is my bff Phm...whats going on Peg..what a wonderful day to take a walk around Lake of the Isles and then a little nosh..sounds good to me.

Around the lake we go...almost to the end, my stomach is growling, OK whats next?

How about a ride over to St. Paul's? Lets see what is going on in the other part of town. The first place we come upon is Cossetta of which I have heard many good things but never had the opportunity to visit.

Not sure how to describe the place except to say that it has been around for many a year. There are no frills it is a plain family restaurant with deli style service. There are so many things that look so good, can somebody get me a fork I'm not really hunger I just want to taste...yes taste it all.

I start with the Veal Parmigiana with garlic bread and Mostaccioli Con Ricotta (pasta), sounds oh so delish, add a glass of wine and you are halfway to heaven. I, being a Brooklyn girl, expected the veal to have cheese on top, that is the name veal parmigiana to my disappointment there was none. All in all the pasta was excellent and the garlic bread tasty, so what if I am still looking for the cheese, Where's the cheese?

I have been told that the pizza is excellent so of course I had to try. I tried the sausage pizza. It brought me back to my New York roots it was fantastic.

Well you would thing the feeding frenzy would be over at this point. There is one more thing to ingest...the lip smacking cannoli. Oh, I must remember from this day forward elastic waistband is a must. You just never know when you will need to expand your waist size an inch or two.

What a great way to spend the last few nice days of the fall, then a walk around a lake followed by a good lunch, what a way to go!

ttfn...Peggy

Cossetta
221 Exchange St S
St Paul, MN
(651) 222-3476

No comments:

Post a Comment