Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tryg's

Over the weekend it was Gay Pride, so after a parade one does work up a little appetite. The downtown restaurants, or at least the ones that were open, were very crowded. Many suggestions were passed back and forth and finally the decision was made to go to Tryg’s.

I have been to Tryg’s several times and the only time I thought it was good was when it first opened. In my opinion it has gone progressively downhill from there. One can overlook the fact that there was only one waitress to take care of the bar but she also had to take care of the outside sitting area….way too much to ask of one person. I will say that the waitress was terrific and seems that she had for the most part all under control.

We started the meal with bloody marys, which I swear were virgin since there was no alcohol in either, but could be due to the fact that it was happy hour prices. I ordered another, at which time I showed the waitress my Groupon, I was told that the drinks would be regular price...My response…that’s fine, but please make sure that the bartender uses alcohol in this one, since I am paying regular price… My bloody arrived and it was perfect!

The food, not sure where to begin…there was not really too much on the menu to pick from, but we managed. The order consisted of 2 burgers and onion rings, what could be simpler. Well let me tell you, the onion rings were burnt, the French fries were dripping of oil and the burger was mediocre.

I guess by this time you can figure out my opinion on this restaurant. As much as I wanted to think that thru the years and with a new chef it might have come up in the world, but sadly to say it has not.

No comments:

Post a Comment