Monday, August 1, 2011

Jax's Cafe N.E.

This summer has been so hottt that staying at home has become a luxury. So when I do go out it has to be something special and special it was to go to Jax café in N.E.

Walking into Jax will bring you back in history to the atmosphere of the onetime great supper clubs. The leather banquets, the long bar and then the large dining room with everything just perfect…what can I say except you need to see it to know what I am talking about.

I have always wanted to try the brunch since it has been recommended to me by so many people. The selections look quit appetizing and ready to dig in and that is exactly what I did. It is so hard to make up your mind when so many choices are given to you but my motto is...try a little of everything. My favorite of the day was the lasagna sooo soooo good.

After gorging on the main treats the best was yet to come and that came in the form of desserts….everything from little cheesecake balls to bread pudding with caramel sauce to any type of cake you could imagine.

The next question is...what does one do after enjoying a food frenzy? Well the answer is easy you go home take a little rest and then exercise for the next hour or so. It makes it all worth while.

Jax’s was so good that I went back again yesterday to celebrate a B’day, and it was just as good as the first time. Needless to say I think Jax’s is a must on anybody’s restaurant list but remember if you go for the brunch you might want to fast 2 days prior.

The one thing I forgot and it might sound a bit hooky, but if you make reservations, when you arrive at your table there will be matches with your name engraved...ok stop laughing but I thought it was so cute.

LOCATION:
1928 University Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418
PH: (612) 789 – 7297

No comments:

Post a Comment